Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring break 09'


Spring break approaches within a week and I cannot wait to get back home and relax. Many of my friends are going on trips all around the globe but I am totally content to just spend my break in California. Several of my friends were trying to get me to go on a trip but I'm so exhausted from school going on a trip and then not being able to come home until the end of the school year just sounded like too much.


For the break I plan to meet up with friends back home and then take a road trip out to Palm Desert for a few days to possibly play some golf and of course enjoy the hot weather. I really miss the warm weather and luckily the past few days here in Dallas have been pretty warm. During the school year it snowed one night and it was the first night that I have ever seen snow when I was not in the mountains skiing.


I'm very excited to see my friends back home. I know several of them will not be able to come down because I know the public school calendar is much different than SMU's. Either way I'm sure it will be a break that's definitely worthwhile

1 comment:

  1. Planning SP'09 was definitely filled with drama for my friends and I. Not only did we procrastinate, but our plans constantly changed. First we were going to the Bahamas, then Mexico, then California, then a Cruise, then we were going to go our own separate ways. But now, we all have plans to spend spring break in Miami. This works out awesome for me because I live just a little bit north of Miami, so I will be able to go home during my Spring Break trip to see my family and recoup in my own room whenever I want.

    I totally understand that you want to make it home before the end of the year. When I was in boarding school, I would always count on going home for spring break and it would be amazing to relax at home in a warm, sunny place. Some of my friends from school would come down to Florida to their vacation homes so I would be able to see them, but I couldn't imagine not coming home for at least a little bit.

    California is a gorgeous place and so many people plan their spring breaks on coming there, so it seems like you're in a pretty good position- you'll be able to be home in a perfect spring break location with friends and family! So, it looks like you will be able to have your cake and eat it too!

    ReplyDelete